Do you want to ensure your home is secure and remain in control of who has access? Whether it’s for your peace of mind or as part of a comprehensive security system, adding a door lock can be an effective way to ensure that the right people gain entry into your home.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-install solution, then Simplisafe’s door locks are an excellent option. However, eventually, there may come a time when the lock needs to be removed, so if you need clarification on how the process works, don’t worry!
In this blog post, we are going to break down everything you need to know on how to remove simplisafe door lock from your property safely and efficiently.
What Will You Need?
Before you start the process, you will need a few key pieces of equipment:
- A Phillips head screwdriver
- A flathead screwdriver
- A drill (optional)
- Wire cutters or pliers
- WD-40 lubricant (optional)
Once you have all the necessary tools, you can continue on with the instructions below.
10 Easy Steps on How to Remove Simplisafe Door Lock
Step 1: Unscrew the Lock
First of all, locate the two screws that are holding your Simplisafe door lock in place. These are normally located at either side of the handle and should come out easily using a Phillips head screwdriver. Once these screws are removed, your lock should now be ready to take out.
Step 2: Remove the Lock
At this point, you can carefully slide the lock away from the door frame and obliterate it. If your lock has been in place for a while, it may be stuck in position due to corrosion or dirt build-up. If this is the case, apply a lubricant such as WD-40 to help loosen it up.
Step 3: Disconnect the Wires
Once your lock has been removed, you should now be able to see where the wires are connected at the back. Carefully disconnect them using a pair of pliers or wire cutters. Additionally, you may need to use a flathead screwdriver if any screws need to be unscrewed.
Step 4: Replace the Lock
Your Simplisafe door lock should now be completely disconnected from the door frame and ready for replacement. If you’re replacing it with a new one, make sure you follow the instructions that came with it to install it correctly. Try to keep the wires in the same position, and be sure to follow all safety precautions.
Step 5: Drill New Holes
If you are replacing your Simplisafe door lock with a different type of lock, you may need to drill new holes. Use a power drill and slowly make two small holes where you want the screws to go. Be careful not to make them too large, and try to keep the depth of each hole similar.
Step 6: Place the Lock in Position
Once you have finished drilling, you can now place your new lock in position and use the screws to attach it firmly to the door frame. Make sure that everything is aligned correctly before tightening the screws all the way. Generally, it’s always better to use the existing screws if possible.
Step 7: Reconnect the Wires
Now that your door lock is securely in place, you only need to reconnect the wires at the back. Ensure each wire is connected properly and check for any shorts or damages before continuing. Remember to turn off the power before attempting to reconnect the wires!
Step 8: Test the Lock
When everything is connected, it’s time to test your new lock. Turn on all the relevant switches and check that everything works as it should. Make sure that you can open and close it with ease – if not, then you may need to adjust the screws or reconnect the wires.
Step 9: Reinstall the Lock
If everything is working correctly, you can reinstall your lock in its original position. Make sure it fits snugly into place before screwing it back in securely with a Phillips head screwdriver. Once finished, your Simplisafe door lock should now be ready to use.
Step 10: Enjoy Your New Lock!
Congratulations – you have now successfully removed and replaced your Simplisafe door lock! We hope this guide has helped get your new security system up and running again quickly. Now you can relax knowing that your home is kept safe and secure.
By following these simple steps, you can rest assured that your home will always remain protected and secure. So if you ever need to remove your Simplisafe door lock in the future, now you know exactly what to do!
5 Additional Tips and Tricks
- Always use a screwdriver the same size as the screws on the SimpliSafe door lock. Using a tool that is too big or too small can damage the lock and make it difficult to remove.
- If you have difficulty removing your SimpliSafe door lock, consider getting help from an experienced locksmith. They have the tools and expertise to do the job quickly and easily.
- When you have removed the door lock, properly dispose of it in a secure container or trash bin. Not disposing of locks properly can lead to theft and other security issues.
- If your SimpliSafe door lock is still locked after you’ve tried all these steps, it may be time to call a locksmith. They can usually get your lock open in no time without causing any damage.
- After you’ve removed the SimpliSafe door lock, make sure to check out the other security features of your home or business. Adding additional layers of protection can give you peace of mind and help protect your valuable assets.
We hope these tips and tricks have helped you in learning how to remove your SimpliSafe door lock!
5 Things You Should Avoid
- Only attempt to remove a SimpliSafe door lock with the proper tools. Do not use a too small or too big screwdriver, as this can damage the lock and make it difficult to remove.
- Avoid using brute force when trying to open or remove your SimpliSafe doorlock. Doing so could cause permanent damage and void any warranty you may have.
- Do not store your SimpliSafe door lock in a place where potential thieves or vandals can easily access it. Keep it secured in a secure location and dispose of it properly when you no longer need it.
- Never forget to check the other security features of your home after you’ve removed the SimpliSafe door lock. Taking the time to check and update these features can help you stay protected against potential intruders.
- Don’t try to repair or tamper with the SimpliSafe door lock on your own. If you are having difficulty removing it, contact a professional locksmith for help instead.
Following these tips and tricks should make it easier to remove your SimpliSafe door lock. Remember, taking the time to secure your home or business properly is essential for keeping you and your valuables safe!
Does Simplisafe Lock Automatically?
Yes, SimpliSafe locks are designed to lock when the door is closed automatically. This allows you to have an added layer of protection for your home or business, as the door will be locked even if you forget to manually lock it.
When activated, SimpliSafe locks will automatically engage and secure itself after a certain amount of time. However, you can adjust this time to suit your needs. If you want to allow more time before the door locks, simply extend the auto-lock timer in the app settings.
SimpliSafe locks also come with added features such as advanced entry codes and keypads for additional security and convenience. These features make it easy to keep track of who is coming and going from your property and even allow you to give temporary access codes to visitors.
With SimpliSafe locks, you can be sure that your home or business is safe and secure at all times. Whether you’re away on vacation or just popping out for a few minutes, you can rest assured knowing that your property is securely locked up!
From lubricating the lock, opening it with a card or paperclip, taking apart the lock itself, or calling a professional, there are multiple ways to unlock a SimpliSafe door lock. Regardless of your chosen approach, remember always to take your safety first. If something seems wrong or you feel uncomfortable during the process, consider leaving the problem to a professional.
Taking things step-by-step and troubleshooting accordingly can help reduce any feelings of uncertainty or intimidation when attempting an do-it-yourself project like this one. As long as you’re prepared and have what you need on hand (like WD40), learning how to open a SimpliSafe door lock doesn’t have to be difficult – it could save you time and money!
Hopefully, the article on how to remove simplisafe door lock has provided helpful information and insight into the process. With these tips and tricks, you should feel more confident about taking on this project yourself. Good luck!