Do you own a Blink Mini Camera? If so, have you ever noticed your camera showing red lights? For most people, seeing the unexpected indication of blinking red lights on their security cameras is cause for alarm. But don’t panic!
A flashing red light simply means that something has triggered the motion detector and it’s normal to see these lights from time to time.
In this article, we’ll discuss how to turn off red light on blink mini camera – a process that requires very little effort or expertise. Read on to learn more about turning off the flashing alert indicators and whether it might be best for your home security set-up.
Step by Step Guidelines on How to Turn Off Red Light on Blink Mini Camera
Step 1: Access Your Blink Mini Camera App
The first step in turning off the red light on the Blink mini camera is to access the Blink Mini app. This can be done from your phone, tablet, or computer. Once you are in the app, select “Device Settings” and then tap on your Blink Mini Camera. You can also access the settings by clicking on the gear icon located at the top right corner of your camera page.
Step 2: Locate Motion Alert Options
When you open up your device settings, scroll down until you find the “Motion Alerts” section. Here, you will have a few options for how to customize motion alerts according to your preferences. The first two options are “Motion Alerts On/Off” and the second is “Red Led Motion Alerts.” Mostly you will find these options on or off.
Step 3: Turn Off Motion Alerts and Red Led Lights
The motion alerts will help you to identify when something is happening in the area that your camera is monitoring. If you don’t want to be alerted of any activity, simply turn the “Motion Alerts” off completely, but keep in mind that this may decrease your security.
If you still want to receive alerts but don’t want the blinking red lights, simply turn off the “Red Led Motion Alerts” option and your camera will no longer display any red lights when motion is detected.
Step 4: Save Your Changes
Once you have made all of the changes that you would like regarding motion alerts, be sure to save the changes. Now, you should be all set with your Blink Mini camera no longer showing any red lights when motion is detected.
Check back in with your app to make sure that everything is still working correctly and that there are no more red lights.
By following the steps outlined above, you can quickly and easily turn off the red light on the Blink Mini camera without any fuss or hassle. As a result, you will be able to enjoy the added peace of mind of knowing that your security system is running smoothly and your home is safe and sound.
Additional Tips and Tricks to Turn Off Red Light on Blink Mini Camera
- Make sure your Blink Mini Camera is powered on before you start the process of turning off the blinking red light. To do this, press and hold down the power button for five seconds until a blue light turns on.
- After powering on the camera, go to its settings menu by pressing and holding down the top right corner of the camera. A menu should pop up on your device’s screen.
- Locate the ‘Red Light’ option in the menu and click it. You may need to scroll down to find the option.
- Select the ‘off’ option from the drop-down list that appears next to the Red Light checkbox.
- Once you have turned the Red Light off, click ‘Save’ to apply the changes and exit the settings menu.
- Your red light should now be turned off and your Blink Mini Camera will no longer flash when it is in use.
These tips should help you easily turn off the blinking red light on your Blink Mini Camera. If you have any further questions or would like some advice on how to use the camera, please do not hesitate to reach out for help.
We’re here to make sure that your Blink Mini Camera is working properly and providing you with the security you need. Thanks again for using our product! Happy recording!
Things You Should Consider to Turn Off Red Light on Blink Mini Camera
- Check your location settings – It’s important to make sure that you have the correct country and time zone set in your device’s settings, as this can affect the red light on the Blink Mini Camera. To check, go to “Settings” > “Location” and adjust accordingly.
- Adjust Notification Settings – You may also need to make sure that your notification settings are configured properly. To do this, go to “Settings” > “Notifications”, and select the type of notifications you would like to receive.
- Make sure that the camera is powered on – Before attempting to turn off the red light, ensure that the Blink Mini Camera is switched on and functioning correctly. You may need to toggle the power switch a few times and wait for it to be fully powered up before continuing.
- Make sure that your camera is up-to-date – To get the most out of your Blink Mini Camera, make sure that you are running the latest version of its firmware. If an update is available, you should download and install it.
- Toggle the Night Vision setting – The night vision feature on the Blink Mini Camera is usually enabled by default, which will cause a red light to illuminate whenever it detects motion. To turn off this function, locate “Night Vision” in the menu and toggle it off.
- Check if there are any obstructions – Sometimes, items that are placed too close to the camera can obstruct its view and cause the red light to stay on. To fix this, simply move any items that may be in the way so that they are not blocking its view.
- Try a reset – If all else fails, you can perform a factory reset by holding down the power button for 10 seconds or more until the red light stops flashing. This will restore your device to its factory settings and should turn off the red light.
By following these considerations, you should be able to easily turn off the red light on your Blink Mini Camera and enjoy seamless security monitoring. If you have any further questions about setting up or using your Blink Mini Camera, please contact customer support for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Turn Off the Red Light on Blink Mini Camera?
To turn off the red light on your Blink Mini Camera, you can navigate to the Settings tab in your Blink app. Then, scroll down and toggle the Red Light Off setting to “on”. This will disable the camera’s indicator light at night without reducing the camera’s functionality.
What Should I Do If the Red Light Won’t Turn Off?
If you are having trouble turning off the red light on your Blink Mini Camera, it may be due to a power interruption. To solve this issue, try unplugging and replugging in your camera to see if that corrects the problem. If not, contact Blink customer service for additional help.
Will Turn Off the Red Light Impact Camera Performance?
No, turning off the red light will not impact your camera’s performance in any way. Your Blink Mini Camera will still operate normally and record video even if the indicator light is disabled. This feature allows you to keep your camera recording at night without drawing unnecessary attention to it.
Can I Turn the Red Light Back On?
Yes, you can easily turn the red light on your Blink Mini Camera back on by navigating to the Settings tab and then toggling the Red Light Off setting to “off”. This will re-enable the camera’s indicator light when desired.
Can I Turn Off the Red Light on Multiple Cameras?
Yes, you can disable the red light indicator for multiple Blink Mini Cameras at once. To do this, open up your Blink app and select “Manage Camera” in the settings tab. Then select one or more of your cameras to turn off their red lights simultaneously. You can also turn the red lights back on in this view.
Will I Receive Notifications if the Red Light is Off?
Yes, you will still receive notifications from your camera even when the red light is off. Your Blink Mini Camera will continue to detect motion and send notifications accordingly. As long as your phone is connected to Wi-Fi, you will receive your notifications regardless of the camera’s indicator light status.
As you have seen, it is easy to quickly and easily turn off the red light on your Blink Mini Camera. This can be done through the simple steps we have outlined in this article. Additionally, it will make sure that no one knows that the camera is active when monitoring your home or property.
Now that you know how to turn off red light on Blink Mini Camera, you are ready to get monitoring and help keep yourself safe!
Have questions about keeping yourself safe? Reach out to us at [brand] and let us help you create a plan for feeling secure in your space. Thanks for reading and learning more about turning off the red light on Blink Mini Camera – happy monitoring!